Berezovsky glass plant
On July 31, 1942, the executive committee of the Omsk Regional Council of Working People's Deputies made a decision to build a glass factory in the Berezovsky region at a quartz sand deposit.

The site for the construction of a glass factory is directly adjacent to the sand deposit. A reconnaissance survey of the right bank of the Vogulka River at its confluence with Sosva identified reserves of quartz sands by a geological exploration expedition in the amount of more than 1 million tons. "To recruit 325 carpenters, bricklayers and excavators in collective farms for the construction of a glass factory.

Send 40 people to the glass-making courses to the Yalutorovsk Glass Factory. Approve the staff of the construction management of the Berezovsky plant in the amount of 19 people. Start immediately with the construction of the glass factory and finish it by the end of 1942 ".

In such a difficult time, people worked with great enthusiasm, worked under the slogan "Everything for the front - everything for victory." The building material for the walls of the glass factory was the brick of the Resurrection Cathedral in the village of Berezovo, demolished in 1940. In 1947, the Berezovsky Glass Factory begins its work. In 1948 the plant produced the first products, the first batch consisted of 86,000 cans.

Initially, craftsmen from the Khvatovsky glass factory were invited to work at the glass factory, and Berezovsk residents, future workers, were sent to the same factory to study glass making. Local residents worked not only in the subsidiary production, but also in the main workshop "Gutta" as glass-makers, filling workers, shuralers, typesetters, operators, tyaguns, thermists. The range of glass products has been increasing every year. They produced cans, household jars, decanters, tea glasses, jugs, lamp glass, medical cans, inkpots, kukhtysh (floats for seines), 3-4 liter cans.

The Berezovsky Glass Factory operated until 1955. April 9, 1955 on the technical basis of the Berezovsky fish factory and glass factory, the Ust-Sosvinsky fish factory (since 1960 - the Berezovsky fish factory) was created. Since the technical base and power supply of the Berezovsky Glass Factory was much better than that of the fish factory, it was decided to use the buildings and structures of the glass factory for canning production. The machine shop was reconstructed taking into account the placement of technological equipment for canning production. The power-mechanical, brick, timber cutting shops of the former glass factory remained unchanged.