On January 27, 1943, by the resolution of the Council of People's Commissars, the Khanty-Mansiysk Fish Trust was established. By the end of the war, the trust had consolidated: 12 fish factories, 1 canning factory, 1 canning factory, 6 motor-fish farming stations, 231 fishing collective farms, 54 fish areas, 290 fish receiving stations. in 1943, the labour force of fishing trust was 6,311 people, in 1944 — 9,270 people. The dynamics of fish production, reflected in the table, shows that the peak of landing was reached in 1943, and then we observe the decline in volumes, which in 1945 amounted to only 40% of the level of 1943.
Fish processing was carried out at the canning plants of Samara and Surgut (the latter plant was created on the basis of the Lenin Canning Factory relocated from Odessa, and It was put into operation in 1943).
The Samara fish and canning plant produced millions of canned fish delicacies during the war. Nerfling, pike and sturgeon products were canned there. But the soldiers mostly enjoyed crucian carp with buckwheat porridge. The fish was cleaned and cut open by hand. The production of deep-salted fish was of a great significance. It was sent to the front in wooden barrels. More than 300 employees of the fish processing plant went to the front. According to their memories, they were happy to receive the products of their native plant.